Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Paralyzed by the Packing

Packing has never been my strong suit and because of this  I have moved very little in my life by choice.  The last time I moved was when I moved into our current house when we got married 12 years ago.  The last time Marty moved was into our current house just a couple years before me.  When we first moved in our house was very big and relatively empty.  Fast forward 12+ years and two kids later and the house is so far from empty that it isn't funny.   In fact, it is quite full and not only full but full of stuff that we haven't even looked at or thought about in years.  Along with packing (and making lists) purging is also not one of my strengths.  No matter that I haven't used said thing in 3 years, what if I will need it in the future.  So, I keep it.  Over a decade of not being forced to move and my inability to give anything away has left us with a mountain of a job to tackle before our looming July 29th move date.


With our upcoming move I am in full on packing, purging and organizing mode. Again, NONE of these things come naturally to me and quite honestly, I detest all of them.  I've been waking up in the middle of the night and then am awake for hours worrying about how we will get everything packed up in time.  There are boxes all over the house in various stages of being packed and sorted.  It's not pretty over here right now but I just keep telling myself that bit by bit, box by box we will get there... I hope!!

No comments: