Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Start of Winter Break

Going grocery shopping with Dad
This week the kids have winter break. If it had been up to me I would have booked us on some cheap (er than from the US) flight to somewhere exciting and different from Berlin.  Sadly, it was not up to me and the kids and Marty said they were tired of traveling (can you imagine?) and did not want to go anywhere for this break (gasp!!)  I was pretty disappointed but the fact that I had German class all week and we did just go to Spain and Greece in the previous two months I relented.
Photos for Marty and the kids I got during my class
The first day of our staycation was actually, dare I say it, fabulous. We all slept in a bit, had a leisurely breakfast and then I was off to class.   Josie had made a "schedule" for the week and poor Benjamin follows along to her drum beat whether he likes it or not.
They did some reading and some screen time and some art and then the three of them went to the grocery store with my list and then out to lunch.  After lunch they picked up Josie's friend Lioba and the three kids played swimmingly together for the rest of the afternoon.  When I got back from class I did laundry and then had to sew on Benjamin's Fasching costume that Josie actually created I just had to do the sewing.  The sunshine was BEAMING in through the windows.  I gave a deep sigh at the end of the day.  It was actually a great way to spend winter break.  I'm just hoping the rest of the week doesn't disappoint.  I know in the past I always think that staying home is a great idea on day one but day 4 or 7 is a completely different story.  But YAY for two thumbs up for the first day of break.






Benjamin in his "solar system" Josie designed and made (all but the sewing) Fasching costume


No comments: