Saturday, October 7, 2017

Home and Gifts

Marty made it home on Friday afternoon completely exhausted from his return trip from Seattle.  Neither of us understand how people do this kind of travel much more frequently for work.  Crazy the wear and tear it does to your body.  But he was HOME.  He also came with gifts for all of us.  It is funny because you really do learn to live without and we would have been fine without any of these things but it was SO so nice to have him bring a few things from home. 
We had forgotten our toothbrush chargers.  So our electric toothbrushes were just the regular old type that you had to brush yourself. Totally doable but now that I have my electric charge back my teeth really do feel that much cleaner.
Benjamin forgot to pack his beloved Minecraft books.  He was thrilled when Marty pulled them out of his bag.  Josie has been roller blading a lot with her friend and neighbor Aurora.  She asked him to bring back her roller blade.  I thought it was ridiculous.  They are huge and HEAVY.  But he brought those too.  Josie's best friend organized a bday card collection so Marty brought bday cards and greetings from a bunch of her Seattle friends.  My good friends Lori and Steve gave Marty THREE jars of TJ's peanut butter, Uncle Woody's truffle salt popcorn and a homemade jar of strawberry rhubarb jam... OMG!!  Heaven! Jodi had bought a large Costco sized peanut butter
(YES, we will eat all of this peanut butter!), red vine licorice, baking soda and tampons. Everyone is making a big deal about this.  I haven't even look myself yet but apparently they only have the OB non applicator type here so someone mentioned that I should have brought more from home so I asked for some.  Yes, they have tampons here. 
Yes they have peanut butter but not the natural stuff and it is super expensive and not at all the same.  No, I haven't found red licorice only black that is so strong it tastes medicinal.  Someone said they do sell baking soda but I haven't found it and I use it in baking and cleaning.  They do not have yummy homemade jam... well, they must right? But I haven't found it or anyone here who makes it.
One thing that this whole move has taught me is do not save up your special gifts for a special time.  You should just enjoy them right when you get them.  When we packed up our Seattle house I found so many gifts or "special" things that I put away for a special time and never got around to eating or using them.  So.... you can see what I'm eating as I type this blog post. 
YUMMMMM!  One bag of popcorn down.  They aren't THAT big and I shared (a little)
Thank you friends and family for all of our fun "imports" 

No comments: